As Silicon Valley parents, we can all agree that our children's education is crucial. What they learn now helps shape who they become in the future. While public schools can provide top-notch educational opportunities in some areas, Silicon Valley private high schools rank among the best in the state as well as the country.
Silicon Valley Private High Schools
Overcrowding and underfunding tend to be top complaints with public schools around the country. Exceptions for these include Henry Gunn High School in Palo Alto, Los Altos High and Mountain View High. According to Niche.com, of the top 100 private high schools in the entire country, 23 of them were located in California. Of these, four can be found right here in Silicon Valley:
- The Harker School in San Jose (#3 in the state, #8 in the country)
- Castijella School in Palo Alto (#6 in the state, #17 in the country)
- Menlo School in Atherton (#11 in the state, #41 in the country)
- Sacred Heart Schools in Atherton (#20 in the state, #81 in the country)
Ten other Silicon Valley private high schools made it onto Niche.com's Top 100 list in California:
- Pinewood School in Los Altos Hills (ranked #29 in the state)
- Woodside Priory in Portola Valley (#45)
- St Francis High School in Mountain View (#50)
- Bellarmine College Prep in San Jose (#52)
- Oakwood in Morgan Hill (#54)
- Notre Dame High School in San Jose (#63)
- The King's Academy in Sunnyvale (#66)
- Kehillah Jewish High School in Palo Alto (#72)
- Archbishop Mitty High School in San Jose (#76)
- Valley Christian High School in San Jose (#93)
Niche.com determines each school's ranking based on several factors. SAT/ACT scores (30%) is given the most weight. Next, they look at the score of colleges students are most interested in or attend based on Niche's Best Colleges ranking (25%). Then, they consider how many students at each school go on to a four-year college (15%). The final 30% of the private high school's score is evenly weighted by the diversity of the student body, the student-teacher ratio and the overall experience reported by both students and parents.
You want your child to have the best education possible. It's nice to know that Silicon Valley Private High Schools rank among the best in the state as well as the country. That just enforces the idea that you made the right decision by choosing the Silicon Valley as the place to raise your family.